Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 1 Complete :)

Today's Checklist:

- Stocked up on the correct food: check
- Bought new gym clothes: check
- Went to the gym: check
- Feeling great: check check check :)

Today must have been one of the best days of my life - no really - it was such an awesome adventure to start with my program today and I was very excited.

I woke up earlier than usual and started my day with breakfast option 1 which was 50g of raw oats, 1and half tables spoons of whey protein and to that I added a little bit of hot water.
The supplements I used was 1 Evox CLA and 1 Evox Hydro Heat.


I plunged right into the deep end and had no coffee with my breakfast but 750ml of water instead :)
Got to work and I must say - I was super energetic, couldn't stop talking, was wide awake, usually I would need about 2 coffees before 10am to just get me going, but none of that was needed.

@ 10am I had an Evox Lean Pro  meal replacement shake - ok this is where my honesty kicks in, in this blog I will tell it exactly as it is - and it was really bad. Tasted like nothing on the label - supposed to be light cappuccino flavour - it was not happening at all. I closed my eyes and imagined it was a yummy iced coffee of some sort and got through it with a smile fake smile. I really think Evox should get better quality controllers to taste their products because who ever said this "light cappuccino" flavour was good enough to sell has some serious problems - but that is just my opinion :)

OK as the day progressed I was not getting hungry in between meals at all so I must say on a positive note, the meal replacement did exactly what it was supposed to. Well done Evox for not missing that important part of the product - guess it was more important than the taste.

@ 12h30 I had my lunch. How lovely this was :) Chicken cooked in water with a little bit of salt and thyme and a fresh garden salad and 100g of sweet potato - Gordon Ramsey eat your heart out! With lunch I had the same supplements as in the morning, CLA and Hydro Heat.



After my second Hydro Heat for the day I did feel a little jittery and I asked the advice of a friend who knows all about the ingredients of these products - he informed me that it was nothing to worry about as my body must get used to this thermogenic tablet. It rises your body temperature and in course burns more fat. I was all ok with that :) BRING ON THE HEAT I'D SAY!

Further more I drank about 3 x 750ml of water at work and was very proud of myself for doing that.
At this stage my total water consumption for the day was already 2,25 liters of water. (and no coffee!!!)

@ 4pm I had my last meal replacement shake for the day and this time it didn't taste as bad - guess it takes some getting used to...

By this time I was getting very anxious to get to the gym and start training :)
Got to Tygervalley Virgin Active at about 17h30 and started my first day with cardio - Thanks Mandi for throwing me right in the deep end - can I just say I ALMOST DIED!!!!!!!!!
On paper this little work out looked like peanuts to me. HALLO! now I know not to under estimate cardio day again!

I did the following excersises:
- Stepper 3 x interval training of 6,5 minutes each
- Treadmill 4 x interval training of 6,5 minutes each (this is where I thought I was at my last!)
- Elliptical 3 x interval training of 6,5 minutes each.

Minutes felt like hours - hours felt like days! In the end it was all worth it because the feeling you get after a hard (ok for me it was hard) workout like that is priceless and for everything else there is Matercard :)

I got home at about 7pm and started with dinner.

Cooking for 1 is not easy to be honest but I prepared 150g of white hake fish again with a fresh garden salad and added some balsamic vinegar instead of creamy Ina Paarman dressing - that felt good :)
I had another CLA with dinner which concluded my supplements for the day.



After dinner I started with tomorrows food. Remember how I mentioned in my first post how important it is to prepare your food ahead of time - it really does help and saves you so much time. I bought about 20 plastic containers at the local plastic store so that everything can be packed neat and ready to heat and eat the next day.



Final conclusion: This diet and training program for day 1 really made me feel rejuvenated and like a new person - full of life and not getting tired once at work was the best part for me.

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are off to a good start!

    Do IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sterkte met dag 2...dis net kos, and you are so much more than what you eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so trots op jou! sien jou oor 6 ure :)

    ReplyDelete